Fort Morgan is the home rule municipality that is the county seat and the most populous municipality of Morgan County, Colorado, United States. The United States Census Bureau estimated that the city population was 10,844 in 2005.
Camp Wardwell was established in 1865 along the Overland Trail to protect emigrants and supplies going to and from Denver and the mining districts. The fort was renamed in 1866 by General John Pope for one of his staff, Colonel Christopher A. Morgan, who had died earlier that year. The fort closed in 1868 after being used by 19 different companies from 11 cavalry and infantry regiments (about 1,300 soldiers).
The town of Fort Morgan was platted just south of the old military fort’s ruins on May 1, 1884, by Abner S. Baker, a member of Greeley's Union Colony. The town became the county seat of the newly formed Morgan County on February 19, 1889.
The Fort Morgan State Armory is used as a town recreation center.
In World War II, a military school at the Fort Morgan State Armory was part of the West Coast Air Corps Training Center.
As of the census of 2000, 11,034 people, 3,887 households, and 2,736 families resided in the city. The population density was 2,472.1 people per square mile (955.2/km²). The 4,094 housing units averaged 917.2 per square mile (354.4/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 74.43% White, 0.28% African American, 1.01% Native American, 0.18% Asian, 0.24% Pacific Islander, 20.62% from other races]], and 3.24% from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 39.04% of the population.
Bio-One services all types of trauma, distressed property, and biohazard scenes in communities throughout Fort Collins Area. We partner with local authorities, communities, emergency services personnel, victim services groups, hoarding task forces, apartment complexes, insurance companies and others to provide the most efficient and superior service possible.
We are your crime scene cleaners dedicated to assisting law enforcement, public service agencies and property owners/managers in restoring property that has been contaminated as a result of crime, disaster or misuse.